Monday, February 22, 2010

My Meeting with a Canadian Fashion Icon


The Olympics has brought an impressive amount of celebrities to Vancouver this month, and I was just so happy to have spotted Jeanne Beker - Canada's Next Top Model judge & Fashion Television host - at Holt Renfrew the other afternoon. Toting a large Holts bag, and not surrounded by many people, I knew I had to ask for a photo. I didn't know what to expect, but Ms. Beker was incredibly warm and down to earth - I only regret not talking to her longer! I believe all I said was "I am a huge fan" and scurried on my way after the picture was taken. Aside from her on-screen duties, the 57-year-old Toronto native covers fashion for the Globe and Mail, and has written 3 books - Jeanne Unbottled: Adventures in High Style, The Big Night Out, and Passion for Fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment