Sunday, February 14, 2010

Vancouver Olympics 2010: Opening Ceremonies


Ok, so first of all - as someone born and raised in Vancouver BC, I have never been so proud to be a Vancouverite. Just 2 hours before the start of the Opening Ceremonies at BC Place I get a call from one of my bestfriends who tells me she got free tickets and is taking me! I know it sounds super cheesy - but I seriously got a little emotional that night seeing how patriotic Canadians could actually be.

The ceremonies were just amazing - I was truly impressed with the originality and use of special effects. Every member of the audience (all 60 000 of us) was given a box full of things we needed for audience participation - including a white/blue poncho, and a branded flashlight and electronic candle used to make the entire stadium look spectacular (if you've watched the ceremonies already it makes more sense). We all had section leaders who would tell us when to turn on our lights and what to do with them.

The next 2 weeks are gunna be insane. GO CANADA GO!

Side Note: I saw Dan OR Dean Caten of the clothing label DSquared when I was going to my section at the Opening Ceremonies! I was a lil starstruck

No comments:

Post a Comment